A mixture of garden vegetable cream cheese and healthy chopped spinach lend rich flavor to these tender fish fillets. You'll have an elegant meal on the table in just over 30 minutes. Bobby Taylor of Michigan City, Indiana shares the recipe.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese, divided
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine spinach and 3/4 cup cream cheese. Spoon onto each fillet; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining cream cheese. Microwave on high 30-60 seconds; stir until smooth. Spoon over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Flounder Florentine in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Stuffed Flounder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review