Creamy Spinach Stuffed Flounder Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese, divided
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine spinach and 3/4 cup cream cheese. Spoon onto each fillet; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining cream cheese. Microwave on high 30-60 seconds; stir until smooth. Spoon over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Stuffed Flounder
Sort By :
Recipe was great, I added a little fresh Parm to the sauce and the spinach then reduced the cream cheese and it tasted great and was a bit lighter.
I loved this even without the sauce!
My husband and 1.5 yr old loved it. I thought the cream cheese was too heavy. Maybe try cutting back to 4-6 oz instead.
Easy to make, and a hit with my 1 year old. My husband would have preferred it without the sauce on top. I, however, loved the sauce.