Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta
Sort By :
I made this using fresh spinach. It became a favorite for the family dinners.
This is wonderful! Great with sausage but you could easily make it with leftover chicken, shrimp or even leave it vegetarian.
I am making this recipe for second time. It was a big hit at our house. I will absolutely be making this again and again! Thanks for the recipe.
This was very good! I love the combo of sausage and spinach!