- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta
Sort By :
"This is a keeper. I used mild sausage this time but will try medium next time for a little more flavor. I think this would also be good using ground beef or shrimp."
"This was absolutely delicious. Didn't have frozen spinach so used canned, wasn't as pretty but the flavor was still good. Also sprinkled some red pepper flakes on top before I baked. Definitely a keeper."
"Very good! I used turkey sausage and low fat cream cheese. I didn't have creamed spinach so I used the regular frozen kind and squeezed out excess water. The sauce was kind of thick so I added an 8 oz. can of tomato sauce. Husband approved!"
"I made this using fresh spinach. It became a favorite for the family dinners."