Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta
So rich and creamy, this pasta dish is wonderfully cheesy and delicious! “And for time-saving convenience, I like to assemble it the night before, then bake it the next day!”
Susie Sizemore - Collinsville, Virginia
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella
- cheese. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-2/3 cups equals 662 calories, 37 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,362 mg sodium,