So rich and creamy, this pasta dish is wonderfully cheesy and delicious! And for time-saving convenience, I like to assemble it the night before, then bake it the next day. —Susie Sizemore, Collinsville, Virginia
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review