- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta
"This was very good, came together quickly and the leftovers were excellent. Janet. VFE"
"made this for my 3 adult men and they loved this it was a hit and easy to make"
"This was WONDERFUL. It tasted like something you'd get from a very popular pasta restaurant. I cut this in half for just my husband and I, and served it with garlic knots. Because I had cut it in half, it seemed about ready in 20 minutes. I put the cheese on and baked it for about another 5-6 minutes. This was so tasty, I can't wait to make this again!"
"This was very creamy and tasty. the flavors worked well together."
"Pretty good dish and my hubby really liked it! Thought it was a tad on the rich side, probably from the cream cheese and creamed spinach. Would definitely make again though!"
"This is a keeper. I used mild sausage this time but will try medium next time for a little more flavor. I think this would also be good using ground beef or shrimp."