Creamy Spinach Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and stir chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Stir in soup and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach, cheese and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.
- 3. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cups equals 675 calories, 41 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 945 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.