Creamy Spinach Chicken Dinner
Cleanup is a breeze with this all-in-one supper. To make things even easier, tear the spinach with your hands instead of cutting it. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven over medium heat, cook and stir chicken and onion in oil for 5
- minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in soup and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach, cheese
- and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and
- cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 675 calories, 41 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 945 mg sodium,