Creamy Spinach Bake
When my brother, sisters and I were growing up, Mom knew how to get us to eat our spinach. This casserole has a rich creamy sauce, french-fried onions and a cracker crumb topping. Who can resist?
-Debra Falkiner, St. Charles, Missouri
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cans (2.8 ounces each) french-fried onions
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines (about 16 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in soup.
- Stir in spinach and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs
- and butter; sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 218 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 468 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.