When my brother, sisters and I were growing up, Mom knew how to get us to eat our spinach. This casserole has a rich creamy sauce, french-fried onions and a cracker crumb topping. Who can resist? -Debra Falkiner, St. Charles, Missouri
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cans (2.8 ounces each) french-fried onions
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines (about 16 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in soup. Stir in spinach and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Spinach Bake in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p35
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review