Creamy Spinach and Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups herb seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat soup, cream cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese until blended. Stir in stuffing cubes and spinach.
- 2. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
2/3 cup: 205 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach and Cheese Casserole
"I cut the recipe in half. It was absolutely delicious! I omitted the stuffing cubes, and added a dash of salt. I also cooked it on the stove so I wouldn't have to heat up the house. Next time, I will add both packages of spinach to half the sauce recipe cuz it was a bit soupy."
"This is easy and delicious. It is excellent as written in the recipe, but I might try adding a few fresh herbs next time and see how it turns out. Will make over and over!!"
"Very disappointed in this dish. I thought it dry and with little to no taste. Only one guest and I tried it and we didn't finish the small servings we had."
"I didn't have stuffing cubes but I had French's fried onion rings and put that on top the last 5 minutes of cooking it was so good and none left over everybody wanted the recipe"
"Has anyone ever tried using fresh spinach? If so how much do you think?"
"I've been making a similar recipe for years, and it features sliced water chestnuts!"
"This is such a great side dish!! I have made this several times and we absolutely love it! I'm thinking about adding some mushrooms to it next time. Any other suggestions for add-ins?"
"I haven't made this recipe because no one else in my family is fond of spinach, but I was just thinking that some sauteed mushrooms mixed in would really put it over the top."
"This was an excellent side dish ... freshly grated parmesan cheese really perks up the flavor."
"It wasn't yummy at all. I prefer more spinach, and it was a bit bland in my opinion."
"delicious, and I have made this before using 2 cups of shredded zucchini instead of the spinach. Very good too."
"I've made this for two Christmases now and we all love it!"
"My 5-year-old, who is very picky, helped me make this and even had seconds and thirds when we served it to the family!"