Creamy Spinach & Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash 2 cups potatoes; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, saute leeks in oil until tender. Whisk the flour, bouillon granules and broth until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in mashed potatoes. Add spinach, salt, pepper and remaining potatoes; cook just until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach & Potato Soup(4)
Sort By :
Used The Flavor Enhancers InsteadOfBouillon. My New Favorite Soup.
I just made this soup. It's easy, quick, and filling. Not to mention it's cheap for those on a budget. It's a new favorite for me and my family!
I made this wonderful soup today. I did add an extra 1/2 tsp. of salt. The soup is so flavorful it is a recipe that I will make again and add to my fave soup recipes.
It tasted very good but I would cut back on the flour as it was to thick.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >