Creamy Spinach & Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash 2 cups potatoes; set aside.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, saute leeks in oil until tender. Whisk the flour, bouillon granules and broth until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Stir in mashed potatoes. Add spinach, salt, pepper and remaining potatoes; cook just until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 224 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach & Potato Soup
"My Husband liked this soup but, I had to thin it a little I think I should have cut back on the 1/2cup flour."
"We really enjoyed this soup, it was very easy to prepare on top of that"
"Used The Flavor Enhancers InsteadOfBouillon. My New Favorite soup."
"It tasted very good but I would cut back on the flour as it was to thick."