Creamy Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onions, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the spaghetti, ham, 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, beans, pimientos, garlic salt and pepper; mix well.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and the cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 339 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 883 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.