Creamy Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onions, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the spaghetti, ham, 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, beans, pimientos, garlic salt and pepper; mix well.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and the cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 339 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 883 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Spaghetti Casserole
"I got this recipe at a Taste of Home event in the late '90s and have made it occasionally since then. Tonight I'm going to use leftover chicken instead of ham - should be just as good! I'm also subbing in fresh baby spinach instead of frozen green beans, added sliced black olives, and used a bit more cottage cheese and sour cream. Very forgiving (and customizable) recipe!"
"This is my absolute FAVORITE dish to make with leftover ham. In fact, I usually buy a ham large enough so I have leftovers and can make this!"
"My mom found this recipe many years ago and it is still one of my favorites! My husband and friends love it as well!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.