Creamy Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) whipped cream cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, jalapenos and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Add the cream cheese, tomatoes, salsa and salt; stir until blended. Serve over lettuce; sprinkle with cheese, olives and tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 493 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 944 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Southwest Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.