Creamy Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes Recipe
"These nicely seasoned potatoes are so fresh-tasting and creamy that there's no need for extra butter or gravy," writes Natalie Warf of Spring Lake, North Carolina. "I freeze them in individual and family servings for added convenience."
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Mash potatoes with 3 tablespoons of butter. Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream, onion salt, garlic powder and pepper until smooth.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over the top. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Or bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. To use frozen potatoes: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 221 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC