Creamy Sliced Tomatoes
This is a family favorite that's also popular with friends. It's a pretty presentation, perfect as a side dish. The basil and cool creamy dressing make the dish tasty and refreshing.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream and half of the basil.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, arrange lettuce, tomatoes and onions on
- individual salad plates. Drizzle dressing over. Sprinkle with
- remaining basil.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 168 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.