Creamy Sliced Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream and half of the basil. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Just before serving, arrange lettuce, tomatoes and onions on individual salad plates. Drizzle dressing over. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup: 168 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Sliced Tomatoes
"Simple and terrific! I used a blender for the dressing ingredients, which can be done ahead to save time and fuss. Be sure to use FRESH basil, though, it makes all the difference. Great recipe for a summer evening's dinner on the porch."