An envelope of ranch salad dressing mix perks up these saucy potatoes prepared on the stovetop. It's a great side dish with almost any meal. --Denise Pritchard of Seminole, Oklahoma.
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 7 cups cubed uncooked red potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- Place 1 in. of water and potatoes in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Coat skillet with cooking spray; add potatoes and onion. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a saucepan, combine the flour, salad dressing mix, parsley and salt. Stir in the sour cream. Gradually add the milk, stirring until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over potatoes; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Skillet Potatoes in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p29
Reviews for Creamy Skillet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review