Creamy Shrimp Tortellini Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash dried basil
- Dash dried oregano
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups refrigerated three-cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a skillet, saute the green pepper, red pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until almost tender. Stir in the flour, garlic salt, basil and oregano until blended. Combine cream and wine; gradually stir into pepper mixture. Add bay leaf. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring several times.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook tortellini in boiling water for about 5 minutes or until tender; drain. Cook shrimp in boiling water for 3 minutes or until they turn pink; drain. Discard bay leaf. Stir tortellini and shrimp into sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 765 calories, 43g fat (26g saturated fat), 324mg cholesterol, 1015mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp Tortellini
"Very bland. I would not recommend this to anyone and certainly would not serve it to friends. My husband was excited about tortellni and very disappointed."
"I only had orange and yellow peppers in my fridge so I'm sure mine came out a bit sweeter than this recipe, but even so I'd say this one's a keeper. The only change I made was to add some salt and pepper. It seemed a bit flat before hand but after I felt like that really help the rest of the flavors pop"
"husband says "a keeper". I made the shrimp for him and used chicken for me. Really good"
"I had to make due with the ingredients in my fridge so I actually used a poblano pepper instead of green and red peppers and sour cream instead of half-and-half. Still, this turned out so amazing. It was a perfect combination of creamy and flavorful. Will definitely make again."
"This sauce is so creamy and flavorful – what a nice change from alfredo! I didn't have any peppers or mushrooms on hand, so I used zucchini. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"What an incredibly good recipe. The cream sauce turns out perfect, and the flavors are very good"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.