My husband and I love entertaining. This recipe is easy yet elegant, allowing us to visit with company while serving a dish that's sure to impress. Here, it's sized for two.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash dried basil
- Dash dried oregano
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups refrigerated three-cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a skillet, saute the green pepper, red pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until almost tender. Stir in the flour, garlic salt, basil and oregano until blended. Combine cream and wine; gradually stir into pepper mixture. Add bay leaf. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring several times.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini in boiling water for about 5 minutes or until tender; drain. Cook shrimp in boiling water for 3 minutes or until they turn pink; drain. Discard bay leaf. Stir tortellini and shrimp into sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Shrimp Tortellini in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p227
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review