Creamy Shrimp Stir-Fry
Looking for a speedy supper that's perfect for family or company? Try this saucy stir-fry. "This recipe is a favorite with guests," notes Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry vegetables in butter until
- crisp-tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat to low. Add the sour cream, yogurt and
- pepper; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Serve over
- rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and fat-free yogurt; calculated without rice) equals 254 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 2020 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.