Looking for a speedy supper that's perfect for family or company? Try this saucy stir-fry. "This recipe is a favorite with guests," notes Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington.
Recommended: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry vegetables in butter until crisp-tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat to low. Add the sour cream, yogurt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Shrimp Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review