- 1 package (16 ounces) medium egg noodles
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onions, green pepper, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in cream, Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the shrimp, jalapeno pepper and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in cheese; cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stir in noodles; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Shrimp Noodle Skillet in Country February/March 2004, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp Noodle Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2011
This is excellent, my 25 yr old son makes it himself, and also put in chicken with shrimp
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2010
Very good and easy to make