This is a flavorful seafood dish that draws compliments each time I serve it to family and friends.
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium egg noodles
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onions, green pepper, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in cream, Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the shrimp, jalapeno pepper and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in cheese; cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stir in noodles; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Shrimp Noodle Skillet in Country February/March 2004, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp Noodle Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review