Creamy Shrimp Linguine
"My husband loves shrimp, so I'm always looking for different ways to fix it," explains Jackie Hannahs of Fountain, Michigan. "This easy recipe, nicely seasoned with fresh garlic, tastes so good."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and oregano in
- butter until onion is crisp-tender. Gradually add the cream and
- cheeses; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Add the
- shrimp; heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 697 calories, 37 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 335 mg cholesterol, 669 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.