Creamy Shrimp Linguine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and oregano in butter until onion is crisp-tender. Gradually add the cream and cheeses; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Add the shrimp; heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 697 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 335mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp Linguine
"It was fairly easy to make and delicious! It works as a main course for a family dinner or an elegant dinner party -- or even as a side dish."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.