Creamy Shrimp Linguine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and oregano in butter until onion is crisp-tender. Gradually add the cream and cheeses; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Add the shrimp; heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 697 calories, 37 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 335 mg cholesterol, 669 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp Linguine
"It was fairly easy to make and delicious! It works as a main course for a family dinner or an elegant dinner party -- or even as a side dish."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.