- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and oregano in butter until onion is crisp-tender. Gradually add the cream and cheeses; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Add the shrimp; heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp Linguine
Sort By :
It was fairly easy to make and delicious! It works as a main course for a family dinner or an elegant dinner party -- or even as a side dish.