- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and oregano in butter until onion is crisp-tender. Gradually add the cream and cheeses; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Add the shrimp; heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Shrimp Linguine in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2010
It was fairly easy to make and delicious! It works as a main course for a family dinner or an elegant dinner party -- or even as a side dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >