Creamy Shrimp 'n' Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 envelope (1.6 ounces) garlic-herb pasta sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk pasta sauce mix, flour, milk and water until blended. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the shrimp, white pepper and remaining butter; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3. Drain spaghetti; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup shrimp mixture with 1 cup spaghetti equals 702 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 285 mg cholesterol, 1,421 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp 'n' Spaghetti
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.