Creamy Shrimp 'n' Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 envelope (1.6 ounces) garlic-herb pasta sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk pasta sauce mix, flour, milk and water until blended. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the shrimp, white pepper and remaining butter; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3. Drain spaghetti; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
2 cup: 702 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 285mg cholesterol, 1421mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 48g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp 'n' Spaghetti
"I loved this. Added baby spinach to saute, didn't have green pepper so used red, yellow, & orange. I also added cooked broccoli and carrots to the mix, heating everything through. Will definitely make again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.