“As a single parent, cooking quick and easy meals is something I’ve done for a long time. This recipe has remained a favorite—it’s fast to fix and everyone loves it," writes David Burgess from Olympia, Washington.
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 envelope (1.6 ounces) garlic-herb pasta sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk pasta sauce mix, flour, milk and water until blended. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the shrimp, white pepper and remaining butter; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Shrimp 'n' Spaghetti in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp 'n' Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review