Creamy Shrimp 'n' Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 envelope (1.6 ounces) garlic-herb pasta sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk pasta sauce mix, flour, milk and water until blended. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the shrimp, white pepper and remaining butter; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp 'n' Spaghetti(2)
Sort By :
I loved this. Added baby spinach to saute, didn't have green pepper so used red, yellow, & orange. I also added cooked broccoli and carrots to the mix, heating everything through. Will definitely make again.
This dish is excellent. I have made it a number of times using a creamy garlic pasta sauce mix as I couldn't find the garlic herb. Very easy to prepare and when served with a small salad, it is very elegant.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >