Creamy Shells and Chicken Recipe
“This is a great weeknight chicken dish. While it simmers I can throw together a salad or steam some broccoli, and I have a tasty dinner ready in a flash,“ writes Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. Using the pasta mix really makes this saucy meal easy to fix.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) creamy garlic shells
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers in remaining oil and butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the water, milk and shells. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 458 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Shells and Chicken
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC