“This is a great weeknight chicken dish. While it simmers I can throw together a salad or steam some broccoli, and I have a tasty dinner ready in a flash,“ writes Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. Using the pasta mix really makes this saucy meal easy to fix.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) creamy garlic shells
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers in remaining oil and butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the water, milk and shells. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Shells and Chicken in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p25
Reviews for Creamy Shells and Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2012
"It was ok, nothing special though. Just a regular dinner meal."