Creamy Shells and Chicken Recipe
“This is a great weeknight chicken dish. While it simmers I can throw together a salad or steam some broccoli, and I have a tasty dinner ready in a flash,“ writes Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. Using the pasta mix really makes this saucy meal easy to fix.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) creamy garlic shells
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers in remaining oil and butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the water, milk and shells. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Shells and Chicken in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p25
Reviews for Creamy Shells and Chicken(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2012
It was ok, nothing special though. Just a regular dinner meal.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >