When I took this to a ladies' salad luncheon, the bowl was completely cleaned out!
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, carrot, cheese, cucumber, celery, sunflower kernels and egg.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Shell Pasta Salad in Country Extra January 2005, p49
Reviews for Creamy Shell Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review