- 1 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, carrot, cheese, cucumber, celery, sunflower kernels and egg.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Shell Pasta Salad
Sort By :
As written, I would give this 3 stars but if cheddar or some other "real" cheese were substituted I would give it 4 stars. The ranch dressing is a nice change of pace from a standard mayo or miracle whip and the sunflower seeds didn't go soggy overnight.
Instead of cucumber I used chopped seeded tomatoe, and I did not use the sunflower seeds, I just added another 1/4 cup of broccoli, and instead of celery, I used chopped red onion. Next time I will use honey mustard, so it is not as tangy. But other wise it was very good.