Creamy Seafood-Stuffed Shells Recipe
Inspired by my love of lasagna, pasta shells and seafood, I created this recipe that's easy to make but special enough to serve company. I serve it with garlic bread and a salad. —Katie P. Sloan, Charlotte, North Carolina
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute green pepper and onion in 1 teaspoon butter until tender; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine crab, shrimp, egg, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, pepper and green pepper mixture.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°. Drain and rinse pasta; stuff each shell with 1 rounded tablespoon of seafood mixture. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 5. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and coarsely ground pepper; gradually whisk in remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Pour over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining seafood seasoning. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC