Creamy Seafood Linguine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the shrimp, scallops and wine or broth. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Stir milk mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Drain linguine; top with seafood mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup linguine with 1/2 cup seafood mixture and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese equals 394 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 749 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Creamy Seafood Linguine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.