Creamy Seafood Dip
We've had this every Christmas since I was a child, and I still can’t get enough of it. For a dip that’s lighter, simply substitute reduced-fat versions of mayonnaise and sour cream.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Corn chips
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir in the crab,
- shrimp, soup mix and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 3 cups.