- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes. Add the onion and half of the sauce. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Scalloped Potatoes
"Easy to make and came out great."
"I made this recipe for Easter dinner. I had always been more of an augratin fan, but this recipe made me reconsider...I loved it! And even the reheated leftovers were good!"
"Easy and delicious!"
"This is excellent! If I'm in a time crunch, I add about 1 teaspoon minced, dehydrated onion to the sauce instead of chopping fresh (then I only have to layer the potatoes and sauce). I find the time listed in the recipe to be a bit off. After 35-40 minutes, the sauce is still a bit on the soupy side, and the potatoes not quite done, so I remove the cover and bake them about 15 minutes more. Just the little extra time makes the sauce creamy instead of soupy, and the potatoes tender."