Here's a rich, comforting side dish that bakes up golden brown. It's a wonderful recipe for the colder months. I often serve these potatoes with my Swiss Steak.—Mildred Stubbs, Rockingham, North Carolina
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes. Add the onion and half of the sauce. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p16
Reviews for Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review