- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes. Add the onion and half of the sauce. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
"I needed a larger serving size than the recipe, so I double it and they came out so good! Using a 13 x 9 pan, I just sliced potatoes until the pan was almost full, doubled the sauce and baking it for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. I removed the foil about halfway through. Like a previous reviewer had mentioned, they looked pretty soupy after about 45 minutes, so I just kept baking until the bubbling sauce looked thicker. The potatoes turned out great. I have finally found a scallop potato recipe that is perfect. This will be the go-to recipe from now on."
"Easy to make and came out great."
"I made this recipe for Easter dinner. I had always been more of an augratin fan, but this recipe made me reconsider...I loved it! And even the reheated leftovers were good!"
"Easy and delicious!"