Creamy Scallop Crepes Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, egg and milk. Combine flour and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat. Stir crepe batter; pour 2 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet with cooking spray as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet, bring the scallops, wine and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3-4 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; set liquid and scallops aside.
- 4. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until almost tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and scallops.
- 5. Spread 1/3 cup filling down the center of each crepe; roll up and place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 319 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Scallop Crepes
"This recipe was Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I wil definitley make this again! shared it on facebook"