This award winning Swiss cheese-and-scallop-filled crepe recipe comes from Doreen Kelly of Hatboro, Pennsylvania. For extra flavor, Doreen also likes to add 1/4 teaspoon fresh dill weed to the crepe batter before refrigerating.
Recommended: Our Most Over-the-Top Recipes Ever
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, egg and milk. Combine flour and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat. Stir crepe batter; pour 2 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet with cooking spray as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring the scallops, wine and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3-4 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; set liquid and scallops aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until almost tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and scallops.
- Spread 1/3 cup filling down the center of each crepe; roll up and place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Scallop Crepes in Light & Tasty February/March 2007 , p42
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Scallop Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2011
"This recipe was Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I wil definitley make this again! shared it on facebook"