Creamy Sausage Stew Recipe
- 8 to 10 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large white onions, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1. Place potatoes in a 5-qt. roasting pan. Add onions, peppers and sausage; toss gently. Combine oil, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over the eat and vegetables; toss well.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes; stir. Add the cream; cover and bake 30-40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into stew. Place on stovetop and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 507 calories, 41 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.