- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic and saffron in butter and oil until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Carefully stir in 1 cup warm broth. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Add reserved sausage; heat through. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Sausage Risotto
Sort By :
"This is a good risotto, it really hit the spot!"
"This recipe is excellent! It was my first risotto and I'm glad I chose this one. Keep the flame on medium or the heat will evaporate the liquid before the risotto can absorb it. The flavors are earthy and rich. This recipe makes enough for 4-5 so I'll be eating it for DAYS! It would be easy to cut in half. Try this recipe if you're nervous about making risotto for the first time!"