Creamy Sausage & Bow Ties
Just a few ingredients deliciously jazz up a package of noodles for this speedy supper. I stumbled across the recipe when I was running late for dinner. My kids love it! —Linda Nilson, Melrose Park, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (4.1 ounces) four cheese bow tie pasta mix
- 1/2 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare pasta mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, brown sausage; drain. Add the peas and pasta. Simmer,
- uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 387 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,199 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.