Creamy Salsa Dip
Spicy and slightly tangy, this special dip from Jerene Bennett of Seymour, Missouri gets its kick from hot pepper sauce and salsa.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, salsa, pickle relish and
- pepper sauce until blended. Stir in the celery, onion and peppers.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables.
- Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons dip equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.