Extra Pesto Grilled Salmon gives this creamy pasta toss a luxurious taste and texture. We love it as is, but you could easily sub in any veggies you have on hand for the broccoli. —Jacob Kitzman, Seattle
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound fully cooked salmon, flaked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in cream and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add salmon, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain linguine and broccoli; add to skillet. Stir in cheese, basil, capers and lemon peel. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Salmon Linguine in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p21
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Salmon Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review