I love making potato dishes during the holidays. Everyone will fall in love with these tender spuds that bake in a creamy sauce and are perfectly seasoned with rosemary and garlic.—Tamra Duncan, Castle, Oklahoma
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potatoes and stir to coat. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and potatoes are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Rosemary Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p95
Reviews for Creamy Rosemary Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2014
"So good and ridiculously easy! It tasted wonderful with the roast leg of lamb I made that was marinated with rosemary and garlic!"