Creamy Rice Pudding
I WAS fortunate to grow up around fabulous cooks. My mother and grandmother taught me to experiment with recipes, and we tried a lot of variations on this one. No matter how we chose to embellish it, it was always tasty. When I make this, it brings fond memories to mind.
-Laura German, North Brookfield, Massachusetts
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup milk
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the rice, milk, sugar and salt. Cook,
- uncovered, over medium heat for 20 minutes or until thickened,
- stirring often. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Spoon into
- serving dishes. Serve warm; top with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 220 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.