Creamy Rice, Chicken & Spinach Dinner Recipe
Recipe provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Total: 35 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup KRAFT® Italian Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg) PHILADELPHIA® Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons KRAFT® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1. HEAT dressing in Dutch oven or large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in broth; bring to boil. Add rice; stir. Return to boil; cover. Simmer on medium heat 5 min.
- 2. ADD Neufchatel; cook 2 to 3 min. or until melted, stirring frequently. Add spinach. (Pan will be full) Cook, covered, 1 min. or until spinach is wilted. Stir gently to mix in spinach.
- 3. REMOVE pan from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 min. Stir in tomatoes; top with Parmesan. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 420 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC