Creamy Rhubarb Crepes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt. Beat in flour until smooth; let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Remove to a wire rack; cover with paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a saucepan. Stir in rhubarb. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened and rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 4. For filling, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the rhubarb sauce until smooth and creamy. Place a rounded tablespoonful on each crepe; fold in half and in half again, forming a triangle. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 10 crepes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 646 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Rhubarb Crepes
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.