Creamy Rhubarb Crepes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt. Beat in flour until smooth; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Remove to a wire rack; cover with paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a saucepan. Stir in rhubarb. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened and rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- For filling, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the rhubarb sauce until smooth and creamy. Place a rounded tablespoonful on each crepe; fold in half and in half again, forming a triangle. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 10 crepes.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Rhubarb Crepes
Sort By :
"I have started cutting down the amount of wheat in my diet, and these have been an answer to prayer! I cut the recipe in 1/3 and it makes me four perfect crepes. Perfect breakfast to fill with just about anything. I think the key here (where I have failed miserably in the past) is to let them stand for 30 minutes. I've filled them with fried green tomatoes, roasted winter squash, baked apples and almonds... love them!"
"I made these for my wife and I and really liked them. Again, to take to a gathering of friends and GREAT was the only word I heard. I did use a larger volume of rhubarb for more sauce! They are great!!"