Creamy Rhubarb Crepes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Additional butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt. Beat in flour until smooth; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Remove to a wire rack; cover with paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a saucepan. Stir in rhubarb. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened and rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- For filling, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the rhubarb sauce until smooth and creamy. Place a rounded tablespoonful on each crepe; fold in half and in half again, forming a triangle. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 10 crepes.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Rhubarb Crepes(2)
Sort By :
I have started cutting down the amount of wheat in my diet, and these have been an answer to prayer! I cut the recipe in 1/3 and it makes me four perfect crepes. Perfect breakfast to fill with just about anything. I think the key here (where I have failed miserably in the past) is to let them stand for 30 minutes. I've filled them with fried green tomatoes, roasted winter squash, baked apples and almonds... love them!
I made these for my wife and I and really liked them. Again, to take to a gathering of friends and GREAT was the only word I heard. I did use a larger volume of rhubarb for more sauce! They are great!!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Crepes >
- Desserts >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >