- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1-1/4 cups chopped cooked corned beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 slices rye bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, corned beef, sour cream, onion and garlic.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Reuben Casserole
"Didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped"
"I made this with leftover corned beef after St. Pat's Day. It was yummy. It does have a lot of fat though."
"Very good. It doesn't taste like a Reuben sandwich. It has a flavor that is all it's own that is equally delicious."
"I've made this and everyone who has had it loves it."