Creamy Red Potato Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook potatoes for 15-18 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over warm potatoes; gently toss to coat. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; stir in the radishes, onions and parsley. Add to potatoes; mix gently. Top with eggs. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 330 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Red Potato Salad
"Do you peel the potatoes or just cook them with the skin on?"
"Question: are you supposed to drain the excess vinaigrette from the potatoes before they are added to the salad ingredients ?"
"If I don't have the radishes I just add 1/2 cup finely chopped celery for crunch and keep going. We think this is the best potato salad recipe we have and I make it often."
"This is the MOST delicious potato salad I have ever made. My family loved it and there were no leftovers."
"this is by far my family's FAVORITE potato salad recipe. love love love! comes out perfect every time. stays very well in an airtight container in the fridge too."
"Made this for family over Memorial Day weekend and all the adults enjoyed it! I did omit the radishes as we are not fans of those."