Creamy Red Pepper Soup Recipe
"Everyone loves this soup's taste, but no one guesses that pears are the secret ingredient," says Connie Summers of Augusta, Michigan.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pears in juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onions in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the potatoes, red peppers and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Add pears; let cool.
- 2. In a blender, cover and puree in batches. Return to the pan. Stir in cayenne and black pepper. Cook until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 127 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC