Creamy Raspberry Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh raspberries and mint
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, for filling, drain raspberries, reserving the juice. Set berries aside. In a small saucepan, combine the juice, cold water and gelatin. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add berries and gelatin mixture; beat on low until thoroughly blended. Chill until partially set. Watch carefully, as mixture will set up quickly.
- 5. Gently fold in whipped cream. Spoon into the crust. Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- 6. Just before serving, run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Top with fresh raspberries and mint. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 305 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Raspberry Dessert
"I would love to try this recipe, however I would like to know how to prepare in a 9X13 pan as indicated by one of the reviews. (Ina Bovey) Hope you can help me out. (PLEASE) Thanks, Gee"
"I made this for Christmas dinner at my sister's house. It was a little sweet, but definitely worth making again. Very pretty in addition to being very yummy."
"I didn't have unflavored gelatin, but had a box of sugar free strawberry jello. I used that instead. I did everything the same but used strawberries instead and cool whip instead of whipped cream. Turned out delicious..."
"Made this for Easter lunch today and it was a big hit. i used 8 oz lite cool whip, light cream cheese and only 1/3rd cup sugar in the filling and it turned out great! I will definitely make this again."
"I just made this exactly like the recipe says and it looks so pretty. I think it will make a yummy treat for our new neighbors! Cant wait to make it again this summer when its hot out."
"Must admit I cheated. Used a graham cracker crust I purchased, bought a bag of frozen raspberries frozen plain and a container of Cool Whip. Put frozen berries in a bowl, added half a cup of sugar and got a good amount of juice from the defrosting berries. Put that juice with the gelatin and water and after 5 minutes heated the gelatin and stirred until dissolved. Whipped the cream cheese in a stand mixer. Added the semi-defrosted berries to the gelatin mix and it jelled sufficiently right away so added it to the cream cheese, beat everything smooth then folded in the Cool Whip and placed in pie shell. Delicious and very quickly done! It is resting in the refrigerator and prior to serving will place fresh raspberries over the top. Wait until my grandkids see this!"
"I haven't tried it yet, am trying to print the recipe."
"Excelent recipe.I use the microwave to dissolve the gelatin during 30 seconds in High. Prehidrate the gelatin during 10 minutes ."
"I haven't made this yet but want to thank babalou10 for the Spenda info. My husband is diabetic also so a dessert for 12 carbs is gonna be a keeper!"
"I'm going to try this with a pre-made graham cracker crust and cool whip instead. Sounds great!"
"I haven't made this yet so will come back and rate later. Has anyone tried substituting cool whip for the whipping cream to cut down on the fat content?"
"I have made this numerous times, it is always well received, I have actually created the amounts to make a 9x13 pan."
"I make this as a sweet side salad omitting the graham cracker crust and it is a big hit. I have also substituted strawberries for the raspberries and it turns out just as good. Definitely a keeper."
"Do you think you could use a pre-made graham crust instead of a springform pan?"
"This is one of my favorites! Ichanged the crust to crushed almonds instead of graham crackers and added one more package of raspberries and one more package of cream cheese and it is a crowd pleaser!!!!!!"
"This receipe was alright. I tried it with the raspberries, would probably have liked it better with strawberries."
"So easy and soooooo tasty. Perfect on a summer evening. Would be great made with strawberries too, I bet!"
"Enjoyed this recipe in February -- in PA....so I would say this is a great dessert for Valentine's Day as well :)"
"I love raspberries so this was the perfect dessert for a hot summer day!!"
"It's light and fresh.... I've made this for company and it's delicious. It looks like you fussed and it's actually easy to make!"
"This is a fantastic dessert that I've made quite a few times. It always turns out great. I substituted strawberries because I like them better than raspberries and used Splenda because my husband is diabetic. It figures out to about 12 carbs per serving, so you get a lot of dessert for just a few carbs."
"this is a fantastic summer desert!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.