Creamy Ranch Stuffed Banana Peppers with Bacon
I received this recipe from a customer while working at my sister's produce market. The peppers can be made a day in advance, making them great for get-togethers. —Cathy Kidd, Medora, Indiana
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 mild banana peppers (about 6 inches long), halved lengthwise and seeded
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, salad dressing mix, cheese
- and bacon until blended. Pipe or stuff into pepper halves. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Cut into 1-1/4-in. pieces. Yield: 8-10
Editor's Note: When cutting banana peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face.
Nutritional Facts: 3 appetizers equals 239 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now